Ride for Life has initiated the first scholarship for a high school Senior who resides in New York State and who has had an immediate family member affected by ALS.
The amount of the individual scholarship awarded will depend on the number of eligible candidates. Successful candidates will be notified on or about April 26th. To be eligible, the candidate will :
- have an immediate family member ( living or deceased ) affected with ALS. This includes only parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles, cousin or siblings
- be a graduating high school Senior admitted to college.
- be a resident of New York State.
- complete an application and submit postmarked by April 6, 2013.
A Committee will review and rank the candidates as follows:
- familial relationship
- impact of ALS on student’s life and connection with the patient
- advocacy and fundraising efforts
The Committee will conduct a lottery when candidates are equally ranked. All decisions are final and at the discretion of the Committee.
Applications and further details are available online or by contacting Christine Pendergast at 631-806-7317.
The Ride for Life is pleased to partner with Long Island teachers, NY teacher locals, CGAA and RBC Wealth Management.